MRP II is a method for the effective planning of all resources of a manufacturing company and is a direct outgrowth and extension of closed-loop MRP.
Abel’s MRP II utilizes hard pegging, which enables all demands to be traced by week to their resulting material and capacity requirements and, inversely, for all requirements to be traced back to their original demands. This provides the ability to fully report all detail on material or machine requirements and makes it easy to determine which demands can be shifted to smooth out over or under capacity or supply issues.
Abel’s MRP II incorporates all of following functions:
• Production Planning (sales and operations planning)
• Master Production Scheduling
• Material Requirements Planning
• Capacity Requirements Planning
• Support systems for capacity and materials. (See also Inventory Management, Bill of Materials, Production Scheduling and MRP.)